Our Turbocor chiller is the most energy efficient type of chiller for the marine industry. Using the renown Danfoss Turbocor compressors in our chillers, we are able to reduce energy consumption by up to 50% compared to chillers using traditional compressors. Their oil-free operation allows for a long service life due to the absence of mechanical wear of surfaces.
The Turbocor compressors feature an innovative technology and many advantages. Some of these advantages are: outstanding part load efficiency, oil-free operation, very low sound levels and a light-weight, compact design. The magnetic bearing technology contributes to the compressor’s efficiency, reliability, quietness and low maintenance. Furthermore, bearings, power electronics, compressor, chiller and expansion valve are all digitally controlled.
Turbocor chiller efficiency
An energy consumption reduction by up to 50%. How is this achieved? There are many factors contributing to the chiller’s high energy efficiency:
1. The bearing technology
Due to the absence of lubricating oil, hindering of heat transfer is prevented. Even a chiller with an oil content of 4% may lose 9% efficiency. The actual energy efficiency may be even lower when the chiller is overcharged with oil. The friction-free magnetic bearings eliminate the costs of those inefficiencies.
2. The motor technology
The motor is a synchronous permanent magnet brushless DC design. Its high-speed variable frequency operation affords high efficiency, compactness and soft start benefits. The integrated variable frequency drive reduces compressor speed and maximizes energy cost savings as the condensing temperature and/or heat load decreases.
3. The power electronics technology
The electronics have been designed specifically to maximize the potential of all the technologies within the compressor, resulting in a more efficient component cooling.
- HFC refrigerant for optimum environmental position;
- Outstanding part load efficiency;
- High full load efficiency;
- Intelligent, self-contained control;
- Light weight;
- Low vibration;
- Oil free operation reduces complexity and cost, improves heat exchange efficiency and eliminates disposal issues;
- Very low sound;
- Soft starting;
- Small footprint;
- Unique technology made ready for the maritime industry
More information about Turbocor chillers
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our Turbocor technology. Our skilled employees are eager to explain how these systems can benefit your vessel. Download the Turbocor brochure for detailed information and technical specifications.
Download the brochure for detailed information and technical specifications, free of charge!Download now
- Cooling PlantMore information
- Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration UnitMore information
- Turbocor ChillerMore information
- Fan Coil UnitMore information
- Air Handling Units (DB)More information
- Propane ChillerMore information
- Replacement ChillerMore information
- Air Handling Unit RefurbishmentMore information
- Package UnitMore information
- Subsea ChillerMore information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us