Deep Cleansing of Cold and Freeze Stores
Microorganisms live in every part of the biosphere, and some of them are even capable of growing at low temperatures, including those below the freezing point. These microorganisms live in the sea or in high mountains, but unfortunately also in the refrigerators, where they may spoil or, as pathogens, contaminate foods. Therefore, although storing foods in the refrigerator is the best way to keep them safe from bacterial contamination, there are also types of bacteria that can grow in cold temperature as well as inside the refrigerators.
Most of these microorganisms are well able to grow below temperatures of 00-20C. They can enter the refrigerator through raw and improperly packaged foods or even through an open refrigerator door by poorly cleaned refrigerator seals, or are already growing from lack of proper sanitation or warm temperature. If ingested, they can cause dangerous foodborne illnesses.
Normal daily cleaning of cooker hoods, kitchens, cold stores and freezers is not enough to remove deeper dirt. Stubborn dust nests, fats, insects, fungi and invisible) bacteriological contamination accumulate in places you normally cannot reach.
Deap clean service
Heinen & Hopman provides periodic deap clean service for vessel owners who want to ensure proper food hygiene. The following is included in our deap cleansing service:
- A team of cleansing experts to travel to the vessel (supervisor and cleansing personnel)
- Due to differentiating timescales and changing scope of works, these works to be done by T&M rates
- A maximum period of four weeks (number of personnel can be increased to complete the scope of work within the time frame where/if required)
- Personnel will work according pre-defined cleansing procedures
- Supervisor to coordinate and maintain the quality of the work consistent to requirements
- Including required cleansing equipment, materials and consumables
- Works to be inspected and signed by a designated client representative
- Report with conclusions and recommendations will be issued after completion of works
More information about Deep Cleansing
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our deap cleansing service. Our service consultants are eager to explain the possibilities for your vessel.
Download the Deep Cleansing of Cold and Freeze Stores brochure for detailed information.
Download the brochure for detailed information and technical specifications, free of charge!Download now