An overpressure unit creates a safe working climate on board for you, your staff and your equipment. Due to the artificial pressure difference in the cabin, outside air will never enter except through the installed filters.
How overpressure units work
The functioning of an overpressure unit depends directly on the seal of your cabin. The more openings are closed off, the less air is required to get the cabin to the desired pressure. The overpressure unit ensures that only the smallest amount of air is let inside. In addition, the incoming, filtered air is immediately heated or cooled via the air conditioning system. Heinen & Hopman offers fully customised overpressure units that meet the current requirements as prescribed by:
- The Dutch Inland Shipping Act from ILT (the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate)
- The Working Conditions Act.
Custom overpressure units
The required capacity of an overpressure unit varies per vessel. This is why we offer bespoke units without any degree of overcapacity that meet the wishes and demands of our clients, including:
- Required IP value of all electronics
- Proper filtering for a safe living environment.
The unit is designed in such a way that it maintains the minimum required internal overpressure in the wheelhouse or accommodation of 100 Pa (0.1 KPa) in all weather and working conditions as indicated in Dutch legislation and new-build specifications.
A unit placed inside, for example beneath a seat in the wheelhouse, will consist of insulated and galvanised sandwich panels with Rockwool insulation in-between.
A unit placed outside on the open deck fully meets the relevant environmental requirements. This also applies to the materials of the case and frame. It consists of stainless steel 316L sandwich panels and a rain hood by the inlet.
Both models have a manually operated closable valve by the inlet which is galvanised on the inside and stainless steel 316L on the outside.
More information about Overpressure Units
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our Overpressure Units. Our skilled engineers are eager to explain the possibilities for your vessel.
Download the brochure for detailed information and technical specifications, free of charge!Download now
- Galley Induction VentilationMore information
- Axial Fans (HUA and VLA)More information
- Axial Fans (IGW)More information
- Axial Fans (WMOR and WMOD)More information
- Centrifugal Fans (ENG and DNG)More information
- Dampers ACMore information
- Dampers ALMore information
- Dampers HTMore information
- Dampers SFMore information
- AXC Duct FansMore information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us