Expedition cruise ship ventilation
In many ships, there is enough air for engines to burn their fuel, but not enough to cool the engine room as well. Since warm air doesn't hold as much oxygen, engines end up with less power, and less efficiency. To assure peak performance, high energy-efficiency and operational safety of the equipment in technical spaces, Heinen & Hopman delivers proven solutions ensuring an optimal extraction of the combustion air. Our ventilation systems are redundantly executed to offer the ship owner more certainty during distant voyages. Our ventilation technology keeps equipment in the engine room clean and in better working order, increases engine life and reduces the required maintenance.
Fire prevention through smart ventilation
Safety is the number one priority onboard any cruise ship, where a fire could put people’s life in serious risk. When a cruise ship catches fire, the fire detection system should be activated immediately and shut down the ship’s air conditioning and ventilation systems as soon as possible. Our high-quality fire and smoke dampers prevent smoke and fire from spreading through the HVAC system. Another important factor concerning fire prevention is adequate galley ventilation. The galley’s canopy removes all the smoke and heat generated by the cooking process, which accumulates throughout the system and easily ignites when subject to flames or high temperatures. Bearing in mind that this extract duct is likely to pass through the complete ship, the potential for damage is significant. By implementing UV light technology in our ventilation systems, grease is eliminated – resulting in clean ducts.
Keep ductwork as clean as possible
Regular maintenance and cleaning of the ductwork is vital for the safety onboard cruise ships. When designing the HVAC system we keep in mind that ductwork should be as easily accessible and cleanable as possible.
- UV Air Purifying SystemsMore information
- Galley Induction VentilationMore information
- Axial Fans (HUA and VLA)More information
- Axial Fans (IGW)More information
- Axial Fans (WMOR and WMOD)More information
- Centrifugal Fans (ENG and DNG)More information
- Spiro / Air DuctsMore information
- Air In & OutletsMore information
- Centrifugal fans (WPM and WPMA)More information
- Centrifugal Fans (GTL-1)More information
- Centrifugal Fans (GTL-3)More information
- Dampers ACMore information
- Dampers ALMore information
- Dampers HTMore information
- Dampers SFMore information
- AXC Duct FansMore information
- Duct Fans RS and ERM-EXMore information
- WMR Duct FanMore information
- Cabin UnitsMore information
- DiffusersMore information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us