The propane chiller is our answer to the phase out of greenhouse gases. Refilling existing systems with virgin R22 has been prohibited since 2010 and as of 2015, refilling existing systems with recycled R22 has been prohibited as well.
Environmentally friendly propane
The quest to find an environmentally friendly alternative for R22 led to the conclusion that propane (R290) would be the best substitute. Propane has very similar thermodynamic behavior to R22 and it is a natural refrigerant. By using R290 as a refrigerant, the environmental impact is reduced, because R290 has a zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential), a very low GWP (Global Warming Potential) and an assumed equal energy efficiency to R22.
Safe use of propane
Propane is a flammable refrigerant and therefore cautious handling of the refrigerant is required. The most important safety concern is to ensure that in case of a leakage the refrigerant doesn’t ignite. By placing the cooling system inside a casing, the possible explosive atmosphere is located inside the casing when a leakage occurs. By using an ATEX fan, the casing can be ventilated so the mixture of gas and air can be discharged outside the casing.
The benefits of propane
We strongly believe it is important to be able to live in a world with optimal environmental conditions. Not just for us, but for the next generations to come as well. With our propane chiller you benefit from the latest, highly efficient, chiller technology while knowing it’s utilizing an environmentally friendly refrigerant.
- In accordance with F-gas regulations
- Environmentally friendly
- Highly energy efficient
More information about Propane Chillers
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our Propane Chillers. Our skilled engineers are eager to explain the possibilities for your vessel.
Download the Propane Chiller brochure for detailed information and technical specifications.
Download the brochure for detailed information and technical specifications, free of charge!Download now
- Propane ChillerMore information
- Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration UnitMore information
- Air Handling Units (DB)More information
- Self-Contained Unit (90MA)More information
- Replacement ChillerMore information
- Cruise Fan Coil UnitMore information
- Package UnitMore information
- Self-Contained Units (AM)More information
- Absorption ChillerMore information
- Self-Contained Units (HHC)More information
- Cooling PlantMore information
- Cabin UnitsMore information
- DiffusersMore information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us